Fondation FondaMental / Prix Marcel Dassault
Supporting the ACTION of the FONDATION FONDAMENTAL
In 2011, the Dassault Group, in response to an initiative of its CEO Serge Dassault, created the Prix Marcel Dassault for research on mental illness. This three-year commitment supports the Fondation FondaMental’s research, which seeks to change the way mental illness is viewed, i.e. “as an illness like any other”. The foundation acts as a mediation body involving everyone concerned by this issue: patients, families, associations, practitioners, researchers, etc. The Fondation FondaMental epitomizes a truly modern approach to this phenomenon, which affects one person in five in France, by seeking to go beyond current thinking and create a caring society.
In this spirit, the Prix Marcel Dassault for research on mental illness contributes €300,000 per year for an inovation project.
- “Innovation Project" (€300,000), to support an organization for its work in advancing the knowledge of mental illness or its treatment.
THE MISSIONS of the FONDATION FONDAMENTAL
- To improve early diagnosis to improve care and prognosis
- To accelerate psychiatric research in France to enable better understanding of these illnesses and to develop innovative care
- To train health practitioners and everyone concerned by the illness (patients, families, companies, etc) and to improve available care
- To inform the general public and to change the way mental illness is considered.